An exciting event on entrepreneurship innovation and its commercialization is unfolding in Singapore on April– 14 – 16, 2014. InnovFest is presented by National University of Singapore (NUS) Enterprise and this year’s theme is Innovations Going Global. For registration details, check out the website at www.innovfest.sg
The event has five pre-conference workshops that are conducted by international experts, including National Business Incubation Association (NBIA), Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM), IP Intermediary and IP Academy, as well as the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) that covers:
- Marketing of Technology by Ms Jane Muir, Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
- Intellectual Property Valuation by Mr Keoy Soo Earn, Deloitte Southeast Asia
- Role of IP in your Company by Ms Candra Darusman, WIPO, Mr Zaid Hamzh, Strategic Counsel, Author and Intellectual Property Strategist, and Mr Leandro Toscano, legal Officer , WIPO
- Med Device Development primer by Mr James Macem on, VP at nanoMR
This workshop is then followed by two days of conferences that deal with four major themes:
- Urbanization and Future Cities – Find out the emerging Asian Innovations for building and design of sustainable cities.
- Ageing and the Silver Industry – Smart Home Technologies and latest research on the impact of food and nutrition on ageing, including the science behind the building of communities for the elderly.
- Next Generation Learning – Learn new models of education that support learning without boundaries and how to foster creativity.
- Bottom of the Pyramid Technologies – Join discussions on how innovative solutions can deliver affordable and effective public healthcare; learn sustainable business and operating models for impactful social enterprises; technology for farm and pest management and more
Participants to the event also benefit from the exhibits and the showcase found in the Graphene, Membrane and Polytechnic Pavilions. There will also be opportunities to have one-on-one meetings with potential business partners throughout the 2 day conference.